Quote by Spider Webb - Tattoo Artist

"Tattooing when understood in its entirety must be seen as a religious act. The human being brings forth images from the center of self and communicates them to the world. Fantasy is embodied in reality, and the person is made whole."

Friday, January 11, 2008

I love Aslan

I admit I have a thing for Aslan. It started when I was a kid and saw the cartoon version of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe movie. (recently purchased off ebay) Then I grew up and understood the references to him being a version of Christ. Being Christian myself I liked the link. (Not one of those holier than thou Christians, sorry about them.) I even found this beautiful pic online of some original artwork by Ryan McGrath of Aslan I think would make a great tattoo. It was an entry for a poster contest for the newer movie, which I also love.


Check out this link about another Aslan fan and tattoo: http://dragonpastor.blogspot.com/2007/09/aslan-tattoo.html

1 comment:

Ben Nuttall said...

I have a strong personal feeling of admiration for Aslan. The way the children to in the books.

That poster is awesome!

Thanks for the link to the tattoo blog post - pretty cool read.

Ben